The Multi-Year Language Access Resources Team (MYLAR) team is a specially created network of victim services agencies from across California, each serving diverse populations. The MYLAR team members began working together in 2014 as participants in the Blue Shield Foundation of California’s Culturally Responsive Domestic Violence Network, which sought to improve culturally responsive services for underserved domestic violence victims. Since then, team members have engaged in dialogue and shared knowledge and experiences about serving diverse populations in their respective communities.
This training site is funded by a grant by the California Office of Emergency Services. Resources from the grant formalized the creation of the MYLAR team. The content of this training site is based on materials and activities developed by the collaborative efforts of MYLAR team members. The organizational members of the MYLAR team are listed below. All MYLAR members have a commitment to helping improve the lives of underserved communities.
- My Sister’s House (MSH), Sacramento, CA (Co-Lead Agency)
- Everyday Impact Consulting (EIC), Sacramento, CA (Co-Lead Agency)
- Mujeres Unidas y Activas (MUA), San Francisco, CA
- Asian Pacific Institute on Gender-Based Violence (APIGBV), Oakland, CA
- Center for the Pacific Asian Family (CPAF), Los Angeles, CA
- Korean American Family Services (KFAM), Los Angeles, CA
- Mixteco/Indígena Community Organizing Project (MICOP), Oxnard, CA